AETN UK (“AETN, “we”, “us" or “our””) is committed to respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is AETN UK, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD.
- the “AETN Service” is a reference to any of our websites, microsites, applications, widgets, user generated content, blogs, games, virtual worlds and other online or wireless services,
- a “Competition” is any game, prize draw, quiz, competition or promotion which is made available on or via an AETN Service, and
- a “Prize” is any offer, prize, discount or reward further to your participation in a Competition or which is otherwise made available through the AETN Service(s).
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may ask you for, or you may submit, personal and non-personal information and data to us when you use the AETN Service(s). This could include:
1. your name, address, gender and age;
2. your username and password;
3. your email address;
4. your phone number;
5. your browsing and log data collected by Google advertising cookies and other technical means that we may employ to recognise your device when you visit the Website, and
6. any content you submit to the AETN Service(s) ("Your Content”), such as comments and marketing preferences or responses to surveys and questionnaires.
When you get in contact with us we may keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can provide services to you more efficiently.We might collect sensitive information about you, but we will never collect your sensitive information without your explicit consent.
3. USES OF DATA
We use data for the following purposes:
1. Name, address: to enable you to enter Competitions and receive Prizes and to manage user accounts;
2. Gender, age: to provide features and content which are better suited to you;
3. Username, password: to manage your user accounts;
5. Phone number: to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity or to provide other AETN Services with your consent (such as text message notifications);
6. Your Content: to process and make available Your Content to the AETN Service, to market to you and to determine your interests in products and services or general consumer trends;
7. Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers: to send you push notifications for promotions, to conduct analytics on your visit to the Website, including by recording and analysing user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data. This information may be used in order to enable the remarketing of users and may be shared with Google.
Information submitted to the AETN Service(s) may also be used to:
1. enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
2. enable our compliance with any agreements entered into between us;
3. enable your use of that AETN Service and associated services;
4. understand how the AETN Service is being used;
5. provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service, and
6. generally run and improve the AETN Service.
Competitions may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which may contain other potential uses of your information. If you do not agree to the use of data as set out in those additional terms, please do not take part in that Competition.
4. DATA SHARING
We may disclose personal information about you to the Promoters or Prize Providers of Competitions and to other members of our group of companies or, with your express consent, to trusted third parties (both inside and outside of the European Economic Area):
- for the purposes of operating or enabling the operation of a Competition;
- for marketing purposes, and
- to enable us to receive services which help us operate the AETN Service(s).
Your personal information may also be disclosed:
- if we sell any businesses or assets;
- with a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk;
- if we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order;
- if it is necessary to enforce any of our terms and conditions or any other agreements to which we are a party ,or
- if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or Website users.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to any overseas entities in accordance with any of the points above.
5. MANAGEMENT OF DATA
We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the AETN Service(s). Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the AETN Services. Cookies are small computer files which the AETN Service(s) may store and/or access in your internet browser, enabling information to be transmitted to and from your internet browser and the AETN Service(s). Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google, Facebook, providers of advertising services or promoters of Competitions.
Cookies enable us to record anonymous information about you, including: the type of internet browser you use to access the AETN Service(s), your computer operating system, the websites you visited before visiting the AETN Service, the areas of the AETN Service you visit and your IP address (which can provide information about your approximate geographic location). Cookies cannot be used to disclose your individual identity.
- learn about how the AETN Service is being used and which types of individuals are using the AETN Service(s),
- record and report user profile, behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data;
- record which other websites have referred users to the AETN Service(s);
- optimise the AETN Service(s) and improve our services;
- make it easier for you to fill in forms on the AETN Service(s) and remember the information you have submitted to the form;
- enable the AETN Service(s) to remember your preferences;
- enable aspects of the AETN Service to be customised, and
- provide relevant advertising.
If you want to learn about how to opt out of Google Analytics, please see visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ or your Google Ads Settings.
We give you a choice of whether or not you want us or other companies to contact you about offers, events, products and services that may interested you.
We might send you marketing emails and/or push notifications about products or services which are similar to or related to the AETN Service(s), or contact you by email with information about AETN Services. We will not send you any other marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
All persons under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian before using the AETN Service(s) or submitting any information to us.
If a minor has provided us with personal information without the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian, such information will be removed by contacting us.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only hold data about you for as long as we reasonably believe is necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
If you follow a link from an AETN Service to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours. In accordance with applicable data protection law, you have a right to access, rectify and remove any of your data which are inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. You may exercise this right by contacting email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee at our standard rate for any requests for copies of personal data held by us.
Company Number 03105704
1 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith
London, W6 9QH
Updated 15 March 2016