These terms and conditions are applicable to all websites owned by AETN UK, located at:
and all related channel sites ("the History Sites").
"You" shall mean you, the user of the site, "AETN UK" shall mean HISTORY and its associated companies and "the History Sites" shall have the meaning as set out above.
Access to and use of the History Sites is provided by AETN UK subject to the following terms:
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The content of the History Sites, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to AETN UK, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided on an ‘as available’ basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will AETN UK be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the History Sites regardless of the form of action.
- AETN UK does not warrant that functions contained in the History Sites content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the History Sites or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
How do we treat the information supplied as part of surveys?
4. By agreeing to supply information as part of the Questionnaire, suppliers of such information (“Data Holders”) accept that AETN UK its affiliates and/or third parties (“Parties”) shall be entitled to use all information supplied by the Data Holders as required. Provided that the Parties comply with the use of the information in accordance Data Protection Act 1998.
5. The names, images and logos identifying AETN UK or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of THCUK and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of AETN UK or any other third party.
6. AETN UK may change these terms at any time by posting changes on the relevant History Sites. Please review these terms regularly to ensure You are aware of any changes made by AETN UK. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on the History Sites then the latter shall prevail.
7. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
8. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.